- The Policy does not apply to websites operated by the IMPA that have separate privacy policies or notices that do not reference this Policy.
- This Policy does not apply to third-party websites linked to IMPA websites.
- This Policy does not apply to any information you provide to third parties on or in relationship to our website.
- This Policy does not apply to any communications you have with third parties that you communicate with on our website.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY OBTAIN
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information (i.e., generic information that does not identify you personally) when you visit any of our web pages, such as the type of browser you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We also may collect personal information about you when you visit the Site and input information, whether you are registering to use any services, features or functions of the Site,), or otherwise in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities.
The types of information we collect includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal and email address and telephone number);
- login credentials;
- Employer ID numbers or other government-issued identification numbers in connection with economic impact analyses we perform;
- Information about movies and television shows that may interest you (such as titles of trailers you search for or watch); and
- Other personal information in content you provide to us, such as through emails you send us.
3. Content Protection
4. Information We Obtain By Automated Means
In conjunction with gathering information through cookies, our web servers may log information such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We also may record information such as the address of the web page that referred you to our Sites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to our Sites. We may log information about your interaction with the Sites, such as which pages you visit. Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons. These images allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personal information, but they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our Site usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information, including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how visitors use the Sites. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our Sites, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the Sites and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
5. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may use the information described above to:
- provide products and services to you;
- send you promotional materials, newsletters and other communications;
- create and manage your account;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, film screenings, programs, promotions, offers, surveys, focus groups and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, economic impact analyses, demographic analyses and anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud, copyright infringement, unauthorized use and distribution of protected content and other criminal activity; and
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Sites, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Sites, and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Neither we nor any third parties on our Sites obtain personal information about our visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites. Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
6. INFORMATION WE SHARE
IMPA is committed to protecting your privacy. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your personal information.
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Sites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and the IMPA is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
8. DATA TRANSFERS
9. Security of personal information:
IMPA takes every reasonable precaution to secure personal information within both its computers and its physical premises.
The security of your personal information is central to IMPA. We follow world industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and receipt. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
11. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND APPS
Our Sites may provide links to other websites and apps for your convenience and information. These websites and apps may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.